Me, Peter Nguyen

Me, Peter Nguyen

Saturday, September 4, 2010

What I Have Learned

After the family tree presentation, I have learned a lot of things about my family and from my friends that I never knew before. The biggest change was when I came to AIS. The American International School help me believe more in myself, and helped me improved my English a lot. Before, I couldn't write an essay or make a presentation. But now, I'm okay with it. This school also made me lose weight, I was fat like a pig when I studied in the public school. I studied in public school for 5 years and I studied in AIS for 4 years.

I could learn a lot of things from my friends family tree presentation, there are a lot of foreigners that came to Vietnam to have jobs and create their families. Like my family, my mother's parents came from China and my mother was born in Ho Chi Minh city. In class, some of the students parents came from other countries such as Gina, Roy ,Annie, etc. Gina's father came from Germany. Roy's father came from Korea. And Annie's mother came from France. I also can know that Jenny's hometown was in Hai Phong, the north of Vietnam. The popular food in Hai Phong is "Banh Da Cua". "Ao Dai and Non La" are two mains traditional clothing in Vietnam, we see them everywhere in Vietnam. "Ao Dai" is the kind of dress, whatever your age and sex is, you can still wear it. It may helps you look more fashionable because it has many colors that you can choose it. "Non La" is made by leaves. It helps you hide from the sunlight. I And the most famous food in my country was "Pho", it has beef, rice noodles, vegetables, and eggs. We eat "Pho" with black sauce and hot sauce. Ryan likes it a lot, he eats it every Sunday. Really, it's very delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment